Skip to main content

A Profusion of Strawberries, Bugs & Troublesome Mice

 
Last week saw a box over-brimming with Summer goodness being merrily taken off to my favourite boutique shop Lotti & Wren https://www.facebook.com/lottiandwren . The parcel of wonders included crochet strawberry brooches with needle felted ladybird detail, mini needle felted strawberries, ladybird and bee brooches and three mounted crocheted bunny heads. All are now nestled in amongst the general loveliness of the shop.

The windows have been given a tea party theme with little china cups suspended from the ceiling and my troublesome mice flaunting themselves in the window devouring their crocheted cakes.



If you're a Caernarfon local or visit occasionally, you'll have noticed that Palace Street is blooming in a mini 'Columbia Road' style way. Joining the brilliant independent bookshop Palas Print and Lotti & Wren is a splendid chocolate shop, Ty Siocled, YPL haberdashery (a place of wonders) and the new addition of a very delectable artisan ice-cream and Dutch pancake place, 'Scoops'. On the last bank holiday Monday the weather was uncharacteristically sunny so I nobly tried it out, being tempted by Dutch apple pie and strawberry shortcake flavours which were enjoyed while strolling along by the Straits. There's another two ice cream places to try which I'm understandably I'm pretty excited about...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joyfully Geeky Crochet- Creating a TARDIS

Creating a TARDIS (correctly using capitals now after previous admonishments by my pedantic husband) has, I can confidently declare, been my second favourite present make ever (only bested by a crocheted honeycomb frame made for my bee-keeping mother). It may indeed have a wibbly-wobbly roof (angle of the above picture is flattering!), cheerfully wandering letters on the 'police box' signs and a tendency towards a leaning base, but I am sadly very proud of my little blue box. Part of the pleasure definitely comes from anticipating the look on my brilliant Dr Who-loving friend's face as he opens the box it's travelled north in. Concerned about any misunderstanding, I've taped an 'it's not shoes!' note to the top so as to avoid even momentarily confusion when presented with a peppermint green Clarkes box. Once he fights his way through the swathes of bubble wrap (it was a big box), he'll be the wondrous owner of this mini delight. I'm thrille...

Craft Fair 1st June @ Galeri. Do Come!

The next craft fair that me and my collection of curious creatures, cakes & felty bugs will be attending is in Galeri (Caernarfon) on Saturday 1st June. It'd be lovely to have as many people as possible to come along to browse and support this new venture as all the stalls feature talented, local contemporary crafters/artists. I'm very happy to have recently joined this talented and friendly group 'Crefft Cyfoes Caernarfon', have a look at the facebook page for more about each of the artists & pics of the last fair  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crefft-Cyfoes-Caernarfon If you like, you can also follow the group on Twitter https://twitter.com/CrefftCyfoes , we'd be delighted if you do. The Rivals The troublesome cake-devouring mice will be sitting this one out as they're holidaying in Lotti & Wren's tea-party inspired window (and loving the attention, very vain mice) (Lotti&Wren ) so instead some crochet squirre...

Woolly Wonders Hit Caernarfon!

It's going to be a busy week ahead with both big and small decisions to mull over. The small being a giveaway/ competition over on the facebook page. It's almost reached 100 likes and therefore cause for a mini celebration! Now I just need to decide what is sufficiently tempting without being major extravagance, what to choose mmmm.... The large, I'll tell you about soon if it comes to fruition. Scary and exciting in almost equal measure! In other news, my work may be featured in a magazine soon. Well, 'featured' may be overselling it, but I may have a little corner to nestle in as part of an interesting article... Signpost of Flowers I hope all this has teased and tempted you dear readers (or reader, if everyone else has had a better offer). In the meantime, here's something uplifting. As regular readers will be aware, I'm a little bit obsessed with my adopted town Caernarfon & its fortunes. This weekend there's a fiesta atmosphere as Gwyl A...