Skip to main content

Bunnies Hop Into Crochet Magazine

'Love Crochet' magazine
'Love Crochet' Autumn 2013
There was thrilled excitement at Lost in the Wood cottage over the publication of my first piece of press publicity!! 
 'Love Crochet' magazine (Autumn 2013, issue 5) has a splendid article on craftidermy featuring some of my crochet bunny heads. I was really pleased that a lot of what I'd contributed did actually end up in the article, including the recommendations of other artists creating in other mediums such as Mister Finch's textile insects & Zoe Williams weird & wonderful needle felted creatures. It was a very small but interesting glimpse into how publications source stories and use the information provided. Hopefully it'll lead to more opportunities, especially since between us, me & my proud mother surely must have helped boost circulation of this issue! The rest of the magazine is very colourful and enjoyable too! Fittingly, this was Hector's (big grey bunny pictured with grey squirrel) last public appearance before he went off to live with a lovely new family. It was very sweet & pleasing to receive, a few days after sending him on his way, a photo of him in his new home. It really made me smile, he's clearly fitting in well and getting the attention he always insists he deserves.

Also noteworthy has been the unveiling of Evie's new Autumn finery at my new shared workshop/ studio with Creu. Items for sale will be along later, once the pre-Christmas panic has been wrestled under control over the next 3 weeks. For now then Evie is holding the fort in her own glamorous/ disturbing way (see pic). She's facing the door so is perfectly placed to greet all visitors with her bold stare which will either deter or welcome, depending on the timidity of guests. Please note the splendid crochet pine cones & acorn necklace made by clever Mamma Cameron.

Next time- it's all about the heady hurtle towards Christmas from now on. Lots happening, eek! First Christmassy craft fair is next Saturday...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joyfully Geeky Crochet- Creating a TARDIS

Creating a TARDIS (correctly using capitals now after previous admonishments by my pedantic husband) has, I can confidently declare, been my second favourite present make ever (only bested by a crocheted honeycomb frame made for my bee-keeping mother). It may indeed have a wibbly-wobbly roof (angle of the above picture is flattering!), cheerfully wandering letters on the 'police box' signs and a tendency towards a leaning base, but I am sadly very proud of my little blue box. Part of the pleasure definitely comes from anticipating the look on my brilliant Dr Who-loving friend's face as he opens the box it's travelled north in. Concerned about any misunderstanding, I've taped an 'it's not shoes!' note to the top so as to avoid even momentarily confusion when presented with a peppermint green Clarkes box. Once he fights his way through the swathes of bubble wrap (it was a big box), he'll be the wondrous owner of this mini delight. I'm thrille

(Anatomical) Love Is In the Air!

Crochet Anatomical Hearts by Lost In The Wood February has been set aside for a much needed catch up with the paperwork (dull but essential), a move into my new cute little studio (exciting), finishing commissions (overdue) and an exhibition piece (satisfying). However, I was a very busy little bee in January, working on some new anatomical designs (which will be a key focus for my work this year). I've started with hearts, the most appropriate bodily organ for this time of year and one of the most interesting to crochet with all it's ventricles, veins and arteries. I'm not claiming these are anatomically correct (no student of biology/ physiology should look to these as learning aids or we're all done for) but they make a reasonable attempt. Intended as large wall pieces, hang them as statement art works or nestle a smaller one under a bell jar and let them be brazen about their well crafted weirdness! They have been hanging splendidly in the Lotti & W