Skip to main content

Bitesize Blog Post (to keep you going until dinner)

Ironically my blog is probably looking like it's got a bit 'lost in the wood' as I realise I haven't updated it since mid-April! Thankfully this isn't due to a lack of subjects to write about, just time & discipline. Never mind, I'll lavish it with some attention after tomorrow's big trip to Artisans in the Palm House & when I need a cheerful distraction from overdue attempts to catch up with the dreaded accounts and admin stuff next week. For now, here's a treatsize guide to what I want to mention once I get around to it all:

Part 2 of my Craft Fair review: Vintage in The Vale.
Me at the lovely Vintage in the Vale Fair

My first trip to the brilliant and extremely tempting world of Wonderwool Wales (buying, not selling).
Wonderwool Wales delights
 
A little bit about the Machynlleth Comedy Festival: eating chips with Stewart Lee (well, he was in the same chip shop), great shows and pizza-cooked-by-local-actor-excitement.
Machynlleth Comedy Festival 2014
Also an account of my first (possibly last?) foray into the world of tv where I attempt to discuss my Soft Sculpture work in Welsh but end up mangling this ancient & noble language. Despite this, it was a fun & interesting day...
Me & Evie, media tarts
Tune in next time where some or all of these may be expanded on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joyfully Geeky Crochet- Creating a TARDIS

Creating a TARDIS (correctly using capitals now after previous admonishments by my pedantic husband) has, I can confidently declare, been my second favourite present make ever (only bested by a crocheted honeycomb frame made for my bee-keeping mother). It may indeed have a wibbly-wobbly roof (angle of the above picture is flattering!), cheerfully wandering letters on the 'police box' signs and a tendency towards a leaning base, but I am sadly very proud of my little blue box. Part of the pleasure definitely comes from anticipating the look on my brilliant Dr Who-loving friend's face as he opens the box it's travelled north in. Concerned about any misunderstanding, I've taped an 'it's not shoes!' note to the top so as to avoid even momentarily confusion when presented with a peppermint green Clarkes box. Once he fights his way through the swathes of bubble wrap (it was a big box), he'll be the wondrous owner of this mini delight. I'm thrille...

Craft Fair 1st June @ Galeri. Do Come!

The next craft fair that me and my collection of curious creatures, cakes & felty bugs will be attending is in Galeri (Caernarfon) on Saturday 1st June. It'd be lovely to have as many people as possible to come along to browse and support this new venture as all the stalls feature talented, local contemporary crafters/artists. I'm very happy to have recently joined this talented and friendly group 'Crefft Cyfoes Caernarfon', have a look at the facebook page for more about each of the artists & pics of the last fair  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crefft-Cyfoes-Caernarfon If you like, you can also follow the group on Twitter https://twitter.com/CrefftCyfoes , we'd be delighted if you do. The Rivals The troublesome cake-devouring mice will be sitting this one out as they're holidaying in Lotti & Wren's tea-party inspired window (and loving the attention, very vain mice) (Lotti&Wren ) so instead some crochet squirre...

Woolly Wonders Hit Caernarfon!

It's going to be a busy week ahead with both big and small decisions to mull over. The small being a giveaway/ competition over on the facebook page. It's almost reached 100 likes and therefore cause for a mini celebration! Now I just need to decide what is sufficiently tempting without being major extravagance, what to choose mmmm.... The large, I'll tell you about soon if it comes to fruition. Scary and exciting in almost equal measure! In other news, my work may be featured in a magazine soon. Well, 'featured' may be overselling it, but I may have a little corner to nestle in as part of an interesting article... Signpost of Flowers I hope all this has teased and tempted you dear readers (or reader, if everyone else has had a better offer). In the meantime, here's something uplifting. As regular readers will be aware, I'm a little bit obsessed with my adopted town Caernarfon & its fortunes. This weekend there's a fiesta atmosphere as Gwyl A...