Skip to main content

All Change!- New Name + Website

Crochet Red Squirrel Head
It's all go at the Lost in the Wood woolly epicentre! I've changed the name by banishing the 'Designs' element to a faraway place. We'll go it alone as Lost in the Wood from now on, a decision prompted by the fact the designs made the name a bit too long and wordy and didn't really add any clarification (indeed it may have been a bit misleading if someone wants me to design a house or fabric I'd literally be quite lost).  In a rare show of co-ordination, I'm also launching a new webiste. The last one was essentially this blog with links but thanks to a super clever & patient friend, I've now achieved a proper one! And there was no crying involved which makes the process a hundred times less arduous & upsetting than my past forays into the website world. Wordpress I'm sure you are splendid indeed and fulfill other's website needs but you I think are best for far savvier minds than mine. So here it is- Lost in the Wood www.lostinthewood.co.uk I'm still tinkering with it but please do browse and I'll keep it regularly updated. Also, I've discovered (well, really my tech-minded hubby has) how to add a subscribe button to this blog so anyone who wishes can sign up to have new blog enteries automatically delivered by email. What a treat! (at least for my mum & husband, bless their loyalty). This blog will now revert back to it's orginal name of lostinthewooddesigns.blogspot.co.uk which it'll just have to live with. Please note, anyone who has taken business cards recently, if you type in the old website name, there will be an automatic redirect to the new site.

Crochet Red Squirrel 'Woolidermy' Head




In addition to all this, I've got some lovely new Moo business cards on the way
(really hope I've now successfully negotiated the mysterious differences between screen & printed photos, all a bit dark & dull last time) and a FACEBOOK GIVAWAY.  To celebrate getting to the mini milestone of over 100 facebook likes, I'm giving away a handmade mounted crocheted squirrel head. If you'd like to be in with a chance to give him a new home, go to my FB page  www.facebook.com/pages/Lost-in-the-Wood 
'Like' and share the picture on your timeline/page + write a comment/caption (or suggest a name!). I'll choose a winner next Tuesday (6th Aug)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joyfully Geeky Crochet- Creating a TARDIS

Creating a TARDIS (correctly using capitals now after previous admonishments by my pedantic husband) has, I can confidently declare, been my second favourite present make ever (only bested by a crocheted honeycomb frame made for my bee-keeping mother). It may indeed have a wibbly-wobbly roof (angle of the above picture is flattering!), cheerfully wandering letters on the 'police box' signs and a tendency towards a leaning base, but I am sadly very proud of my little blue box. Part of the pleasure definitely comes from anticipating the look on my brilliant Dr Who-loving friend's face as he opens the box it's travelled north in. Concerned about any misunderstanding, I've taped an 'it's not shoes!' note to the top so as to avoid even momentarily confusion when presented with a peppermint green Clarkes box. Once he fights his way through the swathes of bubble wrap (it was a big box), he'll be the wondrous owner of this mini delight. I'm thrille...

Craft Fair 1st June @ Galeri. Do Come!

The next craft fair that me and my collection of curious creatures, cakes & felty bugs will be attending is in Galeri (Caernarfon) on Saturday 1st June. It'd be lovely to have as many people as possible to come along to browse and support this new venture as all the stalls feature talented, local contemporary crafters/artists. I'm very happy to have recently joined this talented and friendly group 'Crefft Cyfoes Caernarfon', have a look at the facebook page for more about each of the artists & pics of the last fair  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crefft-Cyfoes-Caernarfon If you like, you can also follow the group on Twitter https://twitter.com/CrefftCyfoes , we'd be delighted if you do. The Rivals The troublesome cake-devouring mice will be sitting this one out as they're holidaying in Lotti & Wren's tea-party inspired window (and loving the attention, very vain mice) (Lotti&Wren ) so instead some crochet squirre...

Woolly Wonders Hit Caernarfon!

It's going to be a busy week ahead with both big and small decisions to mull over. The small being a giveaway/ competition over on the facebook page. It's almost reached 100 likes and therefore cause for a mini celebration! Now I just need to decide what is sufficiently tempting without being major extravagance, what to choose mmmm.... The large, I'll tell you about soon if it comes to fruition. Scary and exciting in almost equal measure! In other news, my work may be featured in a magazine soon. Well, 'featured' may be overselling it, but I may have a little corner to nestle in as part of an interesting article... Signpost of Flowers I hope all this has teased and tempted you dear readers (or reader, if everyone else has had a better offer). In the meantime, here's something uplifting. As regular readers will be aware, I'm a little bit obsessed with my adopted town Caernarfon & its fortunes. This weekend there's a fiesta atmosphere as Gwyl A...